June can only mean one thing, it’s time for juicy British strawberries and cream!
We love using this delicious fruit in our dessert dishes, when and where we can, and thought we’d dig out some interesting facts for you to help celebrate the season:
- The word strawberry derives from the Old English ‘streowberie’ or ‘streawbelige’
- If you don’t like oranges, just eat strawberries to get your vitamin C. Eight strawberries contain more vitamin C than an orange, which is 140% of our daily recommended amount
- Strawberries are synonymous with Wimbledon and more than 27,000 kilos of strawberries are consumed during the tournament, wow!
- Unlike many other fruits, a strawberry’s seeds are on the outside
- A 100g serving contains just 30 calories.
If you’re dining with us this month, check out our menu and be sure to select a delicious fruity dessert and we might just have one made with strawberries!
You must be logged in to post a comment.