Not sure how to entertain the kids? Why not make our chocolate brownie? This recipe can be great fun to whip up with kids of all ages and as most love chocolate you’re bound to be a hit…
- 400 grams of good plain chocolate
- 300 grams of unsalted butter plus a little extra for greasing the tray
- 250 grams of castor sugar
- 4 free range eggs (med size)
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Set oven to temperature 180°c or gas mark 4
- Lightly grease a 20cm square baking tray and line with baking parchment
- Melt half the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and keep the other half of chocolate back. You will need to cut the chocolate into small lumps.
- When the chocolate has melted add the butter and stir until it has all melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the sugar and beat in the eggs to the chocolate mixture until its really well mixed in.
- Sieve the flour and baking flour into a large mixing bowl and slowly fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the rest of the chocolate pieces and if you wish, add some hazelnuts or peeled pistachio nuts too.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins until it feels firm.
- Leave it to cool and then turn out on to a wire rack and allow it to fully cool down.
- Cut it up into squares and, bingo, you have brownies.
If you prefer to eat yours warm, when they’ve cooled down just place into a warm oven for 5 mins.